Growing from this Place Subject: The intensity of faith
In this week’s edition of Growing from this Place Bible Study, Pastor Jonathan McKnight looks into the concept of faith. He prefaces the study by highlighting that it is important or crucial that you make sure that you possess the right mindset when you are trying to recover, move forward or win in a situation, where the intensity of your faith is being tested. Here are the key points of this week’s study:
- The power of our words ought to line up with the intensity of our faith.
- We must understand that death and life are in the power of the tongue.
- You must be aware of the casual enemies of faith.
- If you are going to be able to move forward in life, you going to have to have the power of positivity to the intensity of your words.
- You cannot expect positive results with a negative spirit.
- Your faith will be tested and challenged.
- The greatest challenge of faith comes when you are walking in situations where you are covered with impossibility.
- You can’t get upset when God doesn’t move according to your schedule.
- So much can happen when you are waiting on God.
- When you are waiting on God, there are a lot of things that come to test the intensity of your faith.
- You must associate with people that are willing to trust God in the process of something that you really don’t understand.
- The enemy tries to play with your mind while waiting on God or offer things that are not from God.
- In these cases, you sometimes get into your flesh and our feelings and you can’t often see what God is doing.
- Pressure, depression, anxiety and stress tend to set in when you are waiting on God and not knowing what He is doing.
- Sometimes in life, you going to have to speak to things that out of your control.
- In many cases, you can touch or reach it, so you must speak life to a situation that is out of your control.
- If you can’t do it on your own, God will often force faith.
- However, it should never get to a point where God must force you to believe in Him to do something for you that you can’t do yourself.
- You must remain hopeful even when you feel hopeless.
- You must realize that God is in control.
- You don’t need everybody to agree with your faith.
- When you are in a crucial time where you need a move of God, you must control your environment.
- You must surround yourself with the right people – people of faith.
- You must speak life over yourself, your situation and to things that you can’t control.
- You can’t pray against a word. If God says it, He’s going to do it. If He spoke it, He’s going to make it good.
James 5: 16-18