Growing from this Place Subject: Now that you see it, what are you going to say
In this week’s edition of Growing from this Place Bible Study, Pastor Jonathan McKnight looks into the concept of placing your focus on what you are going to do after something has happened, and not dwelling on what has happened. He prefaces the study by highlighting that God allows us to go through tests, seasons and phases just to see what we are going to say.
It’s about learning your mindset and level of faith in order conquer things that appear to be greater than you. Here are the key points of this week’s study:
- When God promises us things, but they don’t come within a specific time, you began to see other things that get in the way of what God promised us.
- We often began to talk against what God has promised us when we see certain things that we are going through.
- Your might be challenged, but never feel like you don’t have help when it seems like something that is bigger than you, makes you feel helpless.
- God will often send you to see something that used to be your future but is planning to be your now.
- God will test you to see if you qualify for what He has promised you or are you going to talk against what He has said.
- What do you do when we have the same God but talk totally differently about something that He has spoken to or promised us when we’ve received the same instructions on how to accomplish something?
- How do you respond to when you go to the next level and there is the next devil?
- What are you going to say?
- How many years have God protected you?
- How many times did it look like He wasn’t going to come through on something, but He does right on time?
- God allows situations just see what you are going to say. He wants to see if you are going to trust Him. What are you going to say next?
- Sometimes when you are in the position of going into your best season, that’s when God will allow you to visit faith and have to encounter a giant just to see what you are going to say.
- Is there life your mouth by which you speak?
- Sometimes it’s best to be silent than to say something that doesn’t line up with the word of God.
- If the enemy had his way, you wouldn’t be here today, but God has given you the victory.
- You may not feel victorious, but you are victorious because God says you are victorious.
- God has been allowing this season of preparations to come before you so that you can walk in the promise of what He has told you what He’s going to do.
- Even though the giants are there, it is yours right now.
- Don’t go off what you see but go off of what God has promised you.
Numbers 13: 25-33