Growing from this Place Subject: Making adjustments to win
In this week’s edition of Growing from this Place Bible Study, Pastor Jonathan McKnight looks into the concept of having to make necessary adjustments in order to win through difficult situations that occur our lives. He prefaces the study with posing several questions that potentially surface whenever we’re faced with circumstances that causes to either adjust to win or fold under the pressure. Here are the key points of this week’s study:
- How do I grow when a season is changing while I’m trying to adjust?
- How can I be solid or planted when I don’t even know which direction I’m going in?
- How do I handle people in relationships when they change in a season?
- Is this season a process or a penalty?
- Is your harvest actually hidden from you in the reality of change?
- What is the reason for this season?
- Why won’t God tell you what’s really going on?
- How do you identify who you can trust in a season of change?
- You cannot miss another God moment; another God move or another God season.
- You must accept and flow with what God allows regardless of the circumstances.
- Adversity is always a part of a divine season.
- You must know the difference between being content versus being confined by compromise
- Sometimes you miss winning by being stubborn by refusing to adjust.
- Adjustment doesn’t mean weakness when it’s a God adjustment.
- Adjustment definition identified.
- You must be willing to adjust to win.
- In order to reap the benefits of salvation or to have a personal relationship with God, there was an adjustment in Heaven.
- When God wants to do something awesome in our lives, He have to get us out of the normality of our comfort zones and have to make us adjust in the realm of faith.
- If you going to win, you going to have to trust God to make the adjustments in your life.
- Mary and Joseph didn’t adjust to what man wanted, but to what God ordered.
- When God begins to make adjustment in your life, then your trust in Him must align with the adjustment.
- God will never adjust you into an injustice that He orders because it is intended to bring Him glory.
- Jeremiah 29:11 reference.
- You got to believe God in the adjustment when it doesn’t make sense to you.
- When God begins to take us to places in Him, we must make an adjustment.
- In the adjustment, if you believe in God, you will win even when it looks like you are losing.
- Your season of change is not just for you, but for others to see the favor of God on your life.
- In order to go to the next level, you have to adjust to win.
- Adjust has to have trust.
THREE THINGS TO DO WHEN GOING THROUGH A SEASON
- You have to understand who is in control of your season, which is God.
- Trust him when you can’t trace Him.
- You have to have an attitude of gratitude when trusting Him through the adjustments.
Luke 1:26-35; Jeremiah 29:11