Growing from this Place Subject: Qualifying for the overflow
In this week’s edition of Growing from this Place Bible Study, Pastor Jonathan McKnight identifies what the qualifications are for obtaining the overflow of God’s blessings and miracles in your life. He begins the study by not only defining what overflow means, but he also expounds on what it means to be a vessel for the overflow. Here are the key points of this week’s study:
- Overflow can often come into our lives in the wrong way (i.e. overflow of bills, stress, drama, etc.)
- You must decide that you are going to be a vessel for the overflow.
- You cannot have the overflow when there is not flowing or circulating of something in your life
- The enemy is going to attack you in such a way to create bondage in your life.
- When things begin to happen in your life to pull into the world, can you say to God with a pure heart that you fear God, or that you love God?
- Sometimes we engage with people who don’t engage with God.
- When you are in certain seasons of your life, you must monitor who you engage with.
- Sometime people help you by giving you something empty.
- God qualifies you through your difficulties and how you navigate your challenges or trials.
- Your adversity is opportunity for greatness to step to the plate that brings God glory.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE OVERFLOW:
- You understand that when there is going to be overflow, God is going to deal with what is flowing in your life that you are depending on
- You miss miracles or the overflow of miracles from happening in your life when you depend on yourself to get things done, while not understanding who God is
- You must flow in faith.
- God must create a situation that makes you come to grips on who is in control and the source of what you need.
- You help God out by getting out of the way and trusting in Him during your situations.
- You must trust the timing of God.
2 Kings 4: 1-7