Growing from this Place Subject: A blessing in the midst of the storm
In this week’s edition of Growing from this Place Bible Study, Pastor Jonathan McKnight looks into the concept of understanding the correlation between your blessing and your storm. He prefaces the study with not only defining what a storm is, but provides insight into some contrasting perspectives as to how we often view storms versus how God does. Here are the key points of this week’s study:
- When you are in a storm, you are in a disturbed or agitated state.
- The purpose of the storm is often missed because you put more focus on the effects of the storms.
- If you stay in the right category of faith and the mindset of the storm, no matter what happens God is going to see you through.
- God can even give you the power to speak to your storm.
- God will check out your posture while in the midst of a storm.
- God is the only one you can count on to get you through a storm.
- While in the middle of a situation, you have to learn to be grateful.
- God will allow you to go through storms just for your storm chaser to see how you are going to come out of your storm.
- If the Word of God is anywhere in your location, then you embrace the Word and not what the storm is looking or sounding like, then you have the authority to overcome it.
- Not every storm that comes into your life is started by God or the devil.
- When you have storms of bondage, fear and depression that are orchestrated by the enemy, you have the authority to rebuke them.
- You have to stand on the promises of God that He is going to see you through the storms that He orchestrate.
- God will bless you to go through things that others wouldn’t be able to survive if you only trust Him
Psalm 107: 19-22; Psalm 119: 25