Growing from this Place Subject: Courage – the missing ingredient to real success
In this week’s edition of Growing from this Place Bible Study, filling in for Pastor Jonathan McKnight Pastor Thomas Robinson takes a look at what it means to have courage in order to be truly successful. He prefaces the study by indicating that God’s getting ready to give you the courage to do something you never done to get something you never had. Here are the key points of this week’s study:
- What separates those who are successful from those who are not but are in the same circle and going after the same thing?
- Having the courage to do what other people aren’t willing to do in order to achieve the goal at hand is what separates those who successful from those who are not.
- Stay on course on the path that God sets you on because His path will lead you to success.
- Life will try to veer you off your course that God has you on, but you must watch what you say, what you meditate on and what you do to ensure that you don’t get off course.
- Whatever you meditate on in your day, you dream about it at night. Therefore, you must meditate on things of good report and not things that will keep you from being successful.
- What you speak over your life will be come your reality, which is why you must watch what you say.
- To have real success, you cannot worry about what people may think or say about you, especially if you are going after something that has been ordered and ordained by God.
WHAT IS NEED TO ACHIEVE R.E.A.L. SUCCESS:
- Have the right connections – make sure you hang around the right people that will inspire you to be what you want to be or what you want to become.
- Be willing to eliminate all excuses – you can’t look at inefficiencies or what you don’t have to make it seem as though what you do have is lack.
- Have an attitude adjustment – you must change your mindset and say to yourself that you are going to win regardless of what it looks like or what people may think or say.
- Be wiling to learn the process – you must trust in the plans that God has for your life, learn in His word on how to be successful through trusting Him, and meditate on what you learn in order to maintain a positive outlook on achieving real success.
Joshua 1: 7-8