Prayer is the essential way to communicate with God. Prayer is also the primary way that God reveals Himself to us as we meditate, confess, and decree His Word while making our prayer supplications unto Him.
Oftentimes, prayer may appear to be ineffective, especially when we don’t receive an immediate and apparent answer from the Lord. But we must not allow this impatient mindset to determine our loyalty of faith to God’s divine promises.
We must never seek another plan of action outside of prayer when direction, peace, protection, healing, wisdom, prosperity and all forms of life’s miracles are needed for our lives as well as our families. The adverse and oftentimes painful consequences are far to great of price to pay for forfeiting the power of prayer in all of our lives (Luke 18:1-Mark 11:22-24).
5 Keys to an Effective Prayer Life
1. Faith: You must believe when you’re praying to God. — John 4:18; Hebrews 11:6.
2. Forgiveness: You must forgive others as God has forgiven you. — Matthew 6:12-15
3. Humility: Your posture must remain humble while praying to God. — 1 Peter 5: 5-7
4. Content: You must be content and grateful until God answers your prayers. — Philippians 4:4-7
5. Confident: You must know and trust that God is true to His Word. — 1 John 5:14-15