Growing from this Place Subject: It’s time to see what God knew
In this week’s edition of Growing from this Place Bible Study, Pastor Jonathan McKnight looks into the concept of finally being able to see what God knew. He prefaces the study by dealing with why many people are unhappy, sad, depressed, and don’t feel fulfillment, but abandonment. He offers a question that often arises in these moments which is, “How do we deal with the undiscovered potential?
Many people feel like we are not as far along as we should be. Oftentimes, we feel like our lives are on locked down. It seems like there is something that always appears to hinder, delay, deny, block or cancel the you from the potential you never discovered.
It’s time to see what God knew. Here are the key points of this week’s study:
- Time is moving, and time has an assignment. It is the revelator of the space by which God gives us transform into the promises He has for our lives. You cannot waste your potential.
- When something that is developed in you that can lead you to success, something that will come to hinder you or stop your potential that you believe will brings best things from you and to you.
- Sometimes it’s the “what ifs” and “why nots” which will tie you up for years.
- If you give too much time or credence to situations that have happened, they can make you bitter or delay who you can become.
- God knew when He made you, He had plans and goals for you to be successful and excel.
- Sometimes allow people and other things that happened keeps in pain and allow us to forfeit our potential.
- You must create an environment of success in order to move to the quality of success.
- You have to surround yourself with people that are going to motivate you to be successful.
- Who is challenging you to release your potential? You have to control what you let in your mind.
- Your environment of success that you create is not just about money, but expectation, character, kind words and no negativity or judgement.
- To have an environment of success, you must make sure that the connection of success is there.
- Avoid getting in agreement with people who don’t want to go after dreams, goals and not go after what God said you can have.
- Iron sharpens iron, so you should connect with someone who has the DNA of iron.
- If your potential going to be release, something will have to test you or the “greater is He that is within me than he that is in the world”.
- Anything that God makes that is wonderful or precious, will go through something. The devil wants to mess up what God says is wonderful.
- Somebody needs to see you go through something and win, because when people see you go through and you win, they know you didn’t give up on what God said.
KEYS FOR RELEASING YOUR POTENTIAL
- You have to believe that faith still resides in you and that you have to believe in yourself.
- Understand that failures, tests, trials and adversities are thieves to bring my potential forward
- You can’t release your potential with bitterness and unforgiveness.
- You have to be grateful that you still have potential and thankful that God is going to give you the wisdom to bring it forth.
Psalm 139: 13-16