Growing from this Place Subject: Free to be who He says I am to be
In this week’s edition of Growing from this Place Bible Study, Pastor Jonathan McKnight looks into the concept of being free or having the freedom to be what God says you are to be. He prefaces the study by posing the question, “What is really freedom?”
He identifies that some relate freedom to not having to go to work, pay bills, or can do whatever you want to do when you want to do it. You are not in bondage or in chains, but you are carefree.
Sometimes being wealthy and rich doesn’t all ways indicate that you are free or have freedom when there is something on the inside of you that keeps you bound. Here are the key points of this week’s study:
- Freedom defined.
- There is no freedom when it comes to be attached to God.
- You want to be bound to the connection of Him.
- Sometimes when want to be freedom or what you call freedom is that you just simply want a break. You want a break from the normal regiment of life.
- You often ask what you working for or striving to be? What plan is there for freedom?
- One of the greatest freedoms that one can have is the understanding of the three parts to be free and there is mind, body and Spirit.
- You have to be free in your own mind.
- Past mistakes, rejections, past hurts, retaliations, failure, loneliness, unforgiveness and depression are enemies of our freedom to our minds.
- You can fail at time well spent because you are giving too much credence to your past.
- You can’t be who God wants you to be because you never free yourself from yourself.
- Oftentimes, you can often be your own worst enemies because you don’t forgive yourself.
- The thing of the past seems to have more power over the belief system of your future.
- You must have the right mindset to have freedom of the mind in understanding in what God has already said about you. (You are fearfully and wonderfully made)
- Giving people who don’t contribute to your life, so much power to weaken your ability simply by their opinion of you is a complete travesty.
- If you are going to be successful what I must think about in order to go to the next level and not pay attention to what noncontributors have to say about me.
- You have to direct yourself towards God’s agenda.
- You have to think on things of good report, honest, just or true. In other words, thinking positive.
- When you start thinking on negative things, then you are contributing to your own mental bondage.
- Your mindset determines your energy, perspective and your faith.
- What God says about you makes you, not the stuff you have that depreciates as soon as you get it.
- You must have positive mentality regardless of your situation.